The trip will first bring you to central Java – Jogjakarta, regarded as the central culture of Java. You will find Hindu and Buddhist temples from long lost Javanese kingdom as early as the year 800’s. We will take you to see the amazing Borobudur temple, which to this date still amazes many archaeologists. One can only wonder how the sculptors during that era were able to produce such detailed and beautiful stone sculptures which is not easy to remake, even with today’s modern sculpting technologies.
Java is filled with exotic volcanoes. And yes, these volcanoes located thousands of meters above sea levels will give you the freshest air and amazing sceneries of nature. We will take you to four of Java’s most famous volcanoes: Mt. Bromo, Mt. Ijen, Mt. Batur and Dieng Plateau. Wake up early, as we will hike up to the very top. Walk through tropical rainforest, hear the animals, and the wind against the giant ferns. Smell the fresh mountain air. Watch the beautiful view from the top, and don’t forget to take picture.
The famous Mt. Ijen will give you the opportunity to see what the famous blue-flame is all about. Your trip to Mt. Bromo will be a mix of amazing sunrise, a wild jeep ride through the sea of sand, and a pony ride to the bottom of Mt. Bromo. To get to the top, you will have to climb 246 steps, we are confident the trip will be fun and quite an experience in it self. Mt. Batur on the other hand, is located in Bali and has been recognized as a member of the Global Geopark Network for its unique geology and grand scenery.
After Java exploration, we continue our road trip to Bali. We will be crossing the Bali Strait and head over to the island of the gods (Bali). Explore the Jatiluwih rice field for its beautiful rice terraces, it is definitely one of Bali’s must visit destination. Visit the center arts and crafts in Bali and explore the famous village of Ubud, where you can find many handcrafts. This area also house approximately 400 long tail monkeys and it’s always a pleasure to see the way they entertain tourist that visit them. Visit many famous Hindu temples that are located in Bali, some with very unique geological location.
Enjoy your vacation in Indonesia
|MEETING POINT||Adisucipto Yogyakarta Airport|
|BOOKING PERIOD||January 2019 – December 2020|
|PARTICIPANTS||MINIMUM 2 person|
Day 1 :
- Our guide will pick you up at Adisucipto Jogjakarta Airport and bring you to lunch at a local restaurant.
- Transfer to hotel for check in.
- In the late afternoon you could do an activity : Have a free time in Malioboro Street at night by becak. It is a major shopping street in Jogjakarta.
Day 2 :
After breakfast time, our next destination is Sultan Place Kraton, a grand and elegant example of Javanese architecture, along with Sultan and Royal Court traditional seat.
The complex consists of low-lying buildings such as audience halls, museums, and the residences of the Sultan and the Queen.
We are now visiting Taman Sari Water Castle – a site former royal garden of the Sultanate Of Jogjakarta, located about 2km south within the grounds of the Kraton. Built in mid 18th century, Taman Sari had multiple functions, such as a resting area, a workshop, a meditation area, a defense area, and a hiding place. The name Taman Sari means an area of beautiful garden adorned with flowers.
Lunch is served at local restaurant and head over to Kotagede after lunch. Located South of Jogjakarta, about 5 km from the center of city.
Kota Gede is known as the center of silver handcrafts filled with busy silver workshops. You will be given time to wander freely and watch silversmiths work.
We’ll continue the trip to Prambanan or Roro Jonggrang temple – the largest Hindu temple site in Indonesia, and one of the biggest in Southeast Asia.
Day 3 :
After breakfast, we depart to Dieng Plateau.
Travel time is approximately 3.5 hours long through Wonosobo City.
Dieng Plateau is an upland volcanic plain in Central Java – famous for its scenery and ancient Hindu Temples. The temples were built from 8th to 13th century by Sanjaya Dynasty and resemble those of Prambanan but on a smaller scale.
We will walk down to the shores of the beautiful Telaga Warna Lake with its amazing emerald green water.
Aside from Telaga Warna Lake, there’s also Sikidang Crater, Bima temple (The biggest temple in Dieng), and the Arjuna temple complex (The oldest temples on Java island).
After exploration of Dieng Plateau, we will proceed to hotel located near Borobudur or Magelang.
Day 4 :
In the early morning will be prepared to catch the Borobodur sunrise. This is the most mystical time to see the temple. As the sun rises over the structure, you will feel a tranquil atmosphere and enjoy an amazing view of sunrise from the top of the temple.
The tour continues as we take closer look at the beautiful relief at this temple. We’ll be visiting Candirejo village and get a tour of the village by foot or by horse cart ride, known as dokar.
Before leaving for Solo, we will visit two temples near Borobudur called Mendut and Pawon Temple.
In the afternoon, we’ll make a short stop at Ketep pass – a view point to see volcanoes in Central Java. You’ll be able to see the 5 largest volcanoes of Central Java: Mt. Merapi, Mt. Merbabu, Mt. Sumbing, Mt. Sindoro, and Mt. Slamet. Take pictures and enjoy the fresh mountain air surrounded by green fields.
Drive to Solo via Selo Village, passing through the valley between Mt. Merapi and Mt. Merbabu, you will get another treat of beautiful scenic view.
Day 5 :
This Morning we start the day with cultural sightseeing in Solo city. Stop at a traditional Solo market, Pasar Klewer. The biggest and busiest market in this city and seeing the activities and local people.
Continue to Kraton Mangkunegara which was built in 1757 after a bitter struggle against the founder of Surakarta. Also called the Kasunanan built in 1745. Lunch is served at traditional Solo restaurant.
After lunch we’ll visit Batik Danar Hadi, a good place to come and learn more about Solo’s traditional hand-waxing and dying techniques. Batik has been a part of Indonesian cultures since hundreds of years ago. Indonesian batik is one of the world heritages.
Day 6 :
- After breakfast, we’ll ascend through scenic mountain roads to reach the isolated 15th century Cetho Temple – rarely visited but one of the most beautiful temples in the region.
- Complete with unusual fertility carvings and Hindu elements, it is a multi-tiered temple in its architectural layout.
- Take a 1.5 hour trek along small village paths wandering across vegetable and fruit plantations often tendered by the locals.
- This is a leisure trek which will take you to variety of landscapes in the cool mountain air.
- Nearby, we’ll also visit Sukuh temple.
- Explore this unique temple with stone carvings of Hindu phallic symbols.
- Its pyramidal shape is similar in style to the Mayan temples of Central America.
- Lunch will be served at local restaurant. Then, we continue driving to ascend scenic mountain roads to the foot of Mt. Lawu mountain.
- A beautiful trek through this unspoiled area towards Tawangmanggu will be rewarded with a refreshing bath at a waterfall. Afterwards we leave for Sarangan, where you stay the night in an ancient colonial hotel, offering views of the lake.
Day 7 :
Today is the only really long ride to enter East Java region. It leads us through the mountains of Java, teak plantations and magnificent green rice-paddies to the town of Malang, cool colonial refuge for the Dutch.
Late afternoon we should arrive at Malang and In the evening enjoy the colonial atmosphere at the famous Toko Oen
Dinner and overnight at Malang.
Day 8 :
After breakfast, we will take you to visit Malang city square, Brawijaya Museum.
We leave Malang and a short drive to Tumpang village where we will change to an open jeep. This jeep will bring us to the amazing Tengger-Bromo Mountains through adventurous access route where has fantastic view of Bromo Caldera.
Descending to beautiful sand-sea and savanna to reach your hotel at crater rim. Overnight at hotel offers a stunning view at Cemorolawang and your dinner will be served at hotel
Day 9 :
Mt. Bromo excursion will start early in the morning (03:00 AM). In the dark of dawn, we will bring you to watch beautiful sunrise by Jeep to the world famous viewpoint at Mt. Penanjakan, located on the rim of Tengger caldera.
Thereafter, we’ll drive through seas of sand by Jeep and ride local pony horse to the bottom of the Mt. Bromo. Walk the 246 steps all the way up to the crater of Mt. Bromo. At this height, you can enjoy the great panorama view from the very top of Mt. Bromo.
Back to the hotel and have breakfast. After breakfast, we will leave the hotel for a trip to Madakaripura waterfall. (Depends on weather condition). Madakaripura is an enchanting waterfall.
Next, we’ll drive along the southern part of East Java to Kalibaru. Lunch en route. During the 3 hour trip, we’ll constantly pass through changing scenery of life in this tropical paradise.
We’ll pass busy town, sleepy rural villages, terraced rice fields, plantations, orchards, forests, and happy people with warm smiles. The road journey winds over forested Merawan range. You will see train passing under a historic tunnel that was built in 1902 – 1910 during Dutch Colonialism occupation.
Arrive at Kalibaru village, and see Indonesian plantation commodities like coffee, cocoa, nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, vanilla, pepper, as well as many tropical fruits.
We will also show you what a cocoa plantation is and see different stages of the processing of cocoa beans – the raw material for chocolate.
In the late afternoon, check in at hotel in Kalibaru, dinner is provided at the hotel
Day 10 :
Enjoy the atmosphere of this amazing village. You can even do a mini plantation tour around Kalibaru and take your time to relax at Eco hotel. Your lunch and dinner are provided at the hotel
Day 11 :
After breakfast and we will drive you to eastern part of Java Island to reach Banyuwangi region.
After driving about 2 hours, we will visit the famous Red Island beach, one of surfing paradise in east java. This beach has a unique form of small mountain in the middle of the coast. The sand of the island will become red color when the sun light spread on it. Enjoy your time to relax or swimming there.
In the mid afternoon we will arrive at Banyuwangi and take some rest at hotel for preparation hike up to Mt. Ijen.
Day 12 :
- Morning call is at 03:00 AM.
- After breakfast, we will transfer to central point Paltuding for a hiking program.
- Hike deep into one of Java’s rainforest, passing rural villages, coffee, and clove plantations.
- Feel the humidity of the forest, take a look at the wildlife, and experience the giant ferns and big trees that cover the slope of Mt. Ijen.
- From the park ranger’s post walk up the Ijen plateau through the hilly landscape till the crater’s edge.
- Take the reward of your effort of hiking Mt. Ijen by treating yourself to a stunning view of Mt. Ijen unveiled at 2883 m altitude.
- Soak in the atmosphere, the beautiful panorama, and take a deep breath of the fresh mountain air.
- Head back to the hotel for lunch and check out.
- We will then drive to the harbor of Ketapang to cross Bali Strait by ferry and drive to South Coast of Bali Island. We will make some stop, first stop at Rambut Siwi Temple which has two beautiful and unique Balinese temples and next trip will be to the black sand of Medewi beach. This place is a surfing hot spot.
- In the late afternoon, arrive at Beraban village in the south coast of Bali to visit the famous Hindu temple Tanah Lot.
- The temple stands on a rock and circled by seawater.
- As we are here during late afternoon, we will stay to witness magnificent view of sunset in Tanah Lot.
- Check into hotel near Tanah Lot.
Day 13 :
- The first destination of the day will be Royal Taman Ayun temple in Mengawi.
- The Royal Taman Ayun temple is well known for its unique multi-roof structures and its beautiful setting in the fish pond.
- Afterwards, we will be visiting another famous spot which is the Jatiluwih paddy rice field terrace.
- Upon arrival, you will be enjoying lunch at a local Balinese restaurant.
- Our next trip continues to Bedugul by passing the famous recreation Ulun Danu Temple.
- Apart from its importance and fame as a Hindu temple, the Ulun Danu Temple has a very beautiful panorama with Beratan lake as its scenic view and the mountains acting as a backdrop view.
- In fact when the lake water goes up, the temple will be seen as if floating due to the water surrounding it.
- We leave Bedugul and continue to the heart of Bali – Ubud village.
- You will overnight at Ubud village and dinner is served at local Balinese restaurant.
Ubud has many interesting places. First, we will be visiting the traditional market where locals sell food, handicrafts, and textile. Next to the market is the Peliatan Royal Palace. This palace is built with very traditional Balinese architecture, built back in the 16th century.
Proceed to ARMA Museum where you will get a good insight of Balinese arts and culture.
The famous Ubud Monkey Forest which is a nature reserve and temple complex in Ubud. The forest houses approximately 400 monkeys (Long tail monkey).
Lunch is served at local Balinese restaurant and continue our journey to a nearby village – Tampaksiring Village.
We will be exploring Tirta Empul, a temple famous for its sacred spring water. All Balinese bathe at this very spot at least once a year for a ritual cleaning in these holy waters dedicated to Vishnu.
Our trip for today will finish at the temple of Gunung Kawi. To get to the temple, you will be conquering 270 steps, but it’s a special place worth the effort. Huge shrines are carved into the cliffs at both sides of Pakerisan River that are connected by a stone bridge.
Arrive at a hotel in Ubud village by late afternoon. Dinner at local Balinese restaurant.
Day 15 :
Second day in Ubud, you get a chance to witness beautiful sunrise at Mt. Batur. It was officially recognized by UNESCO as member of the Global Geopark Network for its unique geology and grand scenery.
- After that we’ll go to cycling for 3 hours
- We return to Ubud and Stay overnight in Ubud.
Day 16 :
Spend the morning at your leisure
On the afternoon our car will pick you up and a head to the south Bali. Stay and over night at Kuta or Legian area
Day 17 :
Spend your leisure day at hotel or beach
Day 18 :
Free time until check out from hotel and we’ll go to airport
Thanks for your visit to Indonesia. See you next time.
*Schedules might change due to weather or other conditions
Payment & Policy :
- 90 days or more before departure : $ 500 / Person
- 30 to 21 days before departure : 50% of the package cost
- 20 days or less before departure : 100% of the package cost
- If the cancellation is made by the participant, then the down payment cannot be refunded