In this package, you get to explore two islands of Indonesia : East Java and West Bali. In East Java, we’ll take you to see the beauty of Mt. Bromo. Mt. Bromo is a world famous tourist destination that offers beautiful sunrise sightseeing from the viewpoint at Mt. Penanjakan. After an adventurous Jeep riding in the dark of dawn, we will stand by at Mt. Penanjakan to wait for the sun to rise. Watch the sun rise, turning the cold, blue sky into a warm yellow-orange sky.
Mt. Ijen in Banyuwangi is another mountain scene that you shouldn’t miss. You might have taken the jeep up towards Mt. Bromo, but it’s a whole different terrain for Mt. Ijen. In Mt. Ijen, we will be hiking from post to post while at the same time enjoying the beautiful nature of Mt. Ijen. Deep inside the rainforest, you will pass rural villages, coffee, and clove plantations. Experience the wildlife, the giant ferns, and big trees that cover the slope of Mt. Ijen.
Finally at an altitude of 2,883 m, we’ve reached our spot. Imagine yourself looking down at the beautiful panorama of the nature that surround Mt. Ijen. There is sulfur lake nearby and you will get to see how local miners manage to go deep into the crater and re-emerge carrying up to 80 kilos of ore on bamboo basket.
The last spot we would like to highlight is the snorkeling activity in Menjangan Island – Bali. Menjangan Island a small island of only 8km wide. It uninhabited and it is well known for its location inside the marine reserve Bali Barat National Park. It is truly amazing when you snorkel and discover the hectares of coral reefs underneath. Not to mention the diverse eco biology you will encounter under the sea.
|MEETING POINT||Surabaya International Airport|
|BOOKING PERIOD||January – December|
|PARTICIPANT||Min. 2 person|
|CONTACT PERSON||Aziz +66 92 516 2107
Day 1 : Surabaya - Probolinggo
- Our tour guide will greet you upon arrival at either Surabaya International Airport (SUBAP)
- We’ll first have lunch before we proceed to Probolinggo for hotel check in at Cemorolawang – Bromo.
Day 2 : Mt. PENANJAKAN - Mt. BROMO - KALIBARU
- Mt. Bromo excursion will start early in the morning (03:00 AM).
- In the dark of dawn, we will bring you to watch beautiful sunrise by Jeep to the world famous viewpoint at Mt. Penanjakan, located on the rim of Tengger caldera.
- Thereafter, we’ll drive through seas of sand by Jeep and ride local pony horse to the bottom of the Mt. Bromo.
- Walk the 246 steps all the way up to the crater of Mt. Bromo.
- At this height, you can enjoy the great panorama view from the very top of Mt. Bromo.
- Back to the hotel and have breakfast.
- After breakfast, we will leave the hotel for a trip to Madakaripura waterfall. (Depends on weather condition).
- Madakaripura is an enchanting waterfall.
- Next, we’ll drive along the southern part of East Java to Kalibaru.
- Lunch en route.
- During the 3 hour trip, we’ll constantly pass through changing scenery of life in this tropical paradise.
- We’ll pass busy town, sleepy rural villages, terraced rice fields, plantations, orchards, forests, and happy people with warm smiles.
- The road journey winds over forested Merawan range.
- You will see train passing under a historic tunnel that was built in 1902 – 1910 during Dutch Colonialism occupation.
- Arrive at Kalibaru village, and see Indonesian plantation commodities like coffee, cocoa, nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, vanilla, pepper, as well as many tropical fruits.
- We will also show you what a cocoa plantation is and see different stages of the processing of cocoa beans – the raw material for chocolate.
- In the late afternoon, check in at hotel in Kalibaru, dinner is provided at the hotel
Day 3 : KALIBARU - BANYUWANGI
- The morning is yours to spend as you wish.
- Enjoy the atmosphere of this amazing village.
- You can even do a mini plantation tour around Kalibaru.
- After lunch, we’ll drive to the east part of Java Island – Banyuwangi – roughly about 2 hours drive.
Day 4 : Mt. IJEN - PEMUTERAN BAY
- Morning call is at 03:00 AM
- After breakfast, we will transfer to central point Paltuding for a hiking program.
- Hike deep into one of Java’s rainforest, passing rural villages, coffee, and clove plantations.
- Feel the humidity of the forest, take a look at the wildlife, and experience the giant ferns and big trees that cover the slope of Mt. Ijen.
- From the park ranger’s post walk up the Ijen plateau through the hilly landscape till the crater’s edge.
- Take the reward of your effort of hiking Mt. Ijen by treating yourself to a stunning view of Mt. Ijen unveiled at 2883 m altitude.
- Soak in the atmosphere, the beautiful panorama, and take a deep breath of the fresh mountain air.
- During clear days, you might even see the great sulfur lake.
- Near the lake, we will watch how miners manage to descend into the crater and re-emerge carrying up to 80 kilos of ore on bamboo basket and walk along treacherous path.
- Head back to the hotel for lunch and check out.
- We will then drive to the harbor of Ketapang to cross Bali Strait by ferry and drive to Pemuteran Hotel for a rest.
Day 5 : MENJANGAN ISLAND
- After breakfast, we will travel by boat for about 30-40 minutes to Menjangan Island.
- Located just off the northwest coast of Bali, the tiny Menjangan Island (Deer Island), is an uninhabited island 8 km wide and surrounded by hectares of excellent coral reef.
- As this island is situated in the protected marine reserve of Bali Barat National park, you can expect very diverse eco biology under the sea. They are truly amazing to see.
- Most visitors rate this as the best snorkeling spot in Bali, and divers place it high on their list.
- After lunch at the hotel, you have free time to relax and enjoy the beach
Day 6 : PEMUTERAN BAY - BALI / SURABAYA
- Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel before we leave Pemuteran Bay to your next destination in Bali.
- Or you can drive back to Java Island (Surabaya/Malang). See you next time.
*Schedules might change due to weather or other conditions
Payment & Policy
- 90 days or more before departure : $ 300 / pax
- 30 to 21 days before departure : 50% of the package cost
- 20 days or less before departure : 100% of the package cost
- If the cancellation is made by the participant, then the down payment cannot be refunded
About this trip:
– Season: All periods (Mt. Bromo & Mt. Ijen are active volcanoes, National Park closure is subject to volcanic activity & wet season)
– Grade: Easy to Moderate level
– Activities: Hiking, Sightseeing, Plantation, Wildlife, Cruising, Snorkeling
– Accommodation: 5 Nights Hotels/Resorts ( 1N Bromo, 1N Kalibaru, 1N Banyuwangi, 2N Pemuteran Bay